HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver is a free application developed by HP to help make it easier for users to control the features and functions inside the printer via PC or laptop.
Without drivers, some functions and features on the printer usually can not be controlled properly, even in some cases the computer can not detect the printer at all.
Therefore, before the printer is used, first install the driver so that all the functions and features embedded in it can be controlled through the computer and can run optimally.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer itself actually provides a driver CD included in the purchase box, but because it is rarely used the CD is usually lost or even damaged.
If you experience this, you do not need to worry because you can still install drivers without hassle using a CD, namely by using the driver installation files available here.
By using driver installation files, you can install them more easily, and you can even install drivers directly on a computer or laptop that is not equipped with a CD room.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Unlike other printer brands where users need to download drivers for print.
The driver files available here are also compatible with various versions of Windows, ranging from Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, to Windows 10 whether it’s a 32-bit or 64-bit version and Macintosh.
all types as well as scanner drivers on this page directly from the official so you are more useful to find the link you want.
The Driver or Software files we provide are from the Official Site, so you don’t have to be afraid to download them here.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Installation Guide
- Right-click on the downloaded driver file and select Run as administrator.
- Wait until the file extraction process is complete.
- Select the Install button.
- Check the “I accept the terms in the license agreement” section and then Next.
- When the installation notification window completes, select Finish.
To install HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver is actually the same way as installing Windows applications or on a macintosh in general, but so that you do not get confused here I will explain the steps briefly.
Please download the driver file below first, if the printer is currently connected to the computer unplugged first. If you have read the following steps
Download the Latest Drivers for printer HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Operating System(s): Windows 10(64-bit),Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit),Windows 7 (64-bit),Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows XP (64-bit)
Operating System(s):Windows 10(32-bit),Windows 8.1 (32-bit),Windows 8 (32-bit),Windows 7 (32-bit),windows Vista (32-bit),Windows XP (32-bit),
Operating System(s):Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.8,Mac OS X 10.7
Post By : fortechnologiesz.com
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver is unavailable
here’s how to fix the unavailable driver on an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One printer:
Follow the steps below if you’re using Windows 10:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the “Windows Key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer driver
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver offline
- Offline Error on your HP officejet Pro 8710 can be resolved easily, check the printer connection status for errors.
- On your computer, select the Control Panel option on the Start menu.
- Go to Devices &Printers, right-click on your printer and select Set as default.
- Now click View What is being printed, a window will open.
- Select Printer in the upper-right corner of the window and uncheck the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline box.
- If your printer is grayed out, you need to verify that it is connected to your computer by running the troubleshooter.
Easy HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
To establish a HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup for the printer, connect it to the network, and install the best printer driver.
How to Connect HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer to Wireless on Windows?
- Prepare the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer for Installation
- Collect the network name and password, and check if the printer, router, and computer are switched on.
- If you need details on how to get your network password, refer to the instructions given on this page.
- Your computer and printer have to be connected to the same wireless network, and they should not be connected with a USB or Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Printer to the Wireless Network
- Click the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Setup -> Wireless Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name, tap Ok, click Enter New Network Name, and follow the on- screen prompts.
- Enter WEP or WPA key, and click on Done -> Ok.
- Then download the printer driver from this site, and install it on the computer to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup.
How to Connect HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer to Wireless on Mac?
To establish a wireless connection between your Mac computer and printer, connect the printer to a wireless network, and install the latest software.
- Prepare for 123.hp.com Printer Installation
- Gather the network name and password. To get the network password, refer to the details given on this site.
- Power on the computer, printer, and router. Both the PC and printer should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Move all three devices closer to each other, and remove the Ethernet or USB cable if connected. Establish Wireless Setup
- Select Wireless icon, click Setup, choose Wireless Settings, and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name, tap Ok, and click Enter New Network Name.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key, and select Done -> Ok.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 not printing
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Won’t Print, here’s how to fix:
- Make sure the printer firmware is up to date.
- If you don’t update your firmware use the options provided in the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings -> Firmware update.
- Check the train area for any paper jams.
- Carefully remove the pieces of paper.
- Use a flashlight to verify that the jammed paper is on the roller.
- Remove the rollers in the printer and clean them properly.
- Also, check that the print head is installed correctly. Otherwise, remove and reattach the print head.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 not printing mac
Step 1: Reset the print system.
CAUTION : Resetting the print system will remove all printers in the queue. This includes HP and non-HP printers.
- Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
- Depending on your version of OS X, click Print &Fax, Print &Scan, or Printer &Scanner.
- Right-click an empty space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
- Click Reset in the confirmation window.
- Enter your Administrator name and password, and then click OK.
- Wait for the printing system to reset. When you’re done, no printers are displayed in the list.
- Try installing hp software again.
How to SCAN, PRINT & COPY with HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 all-in-one printer
The video below reviews the step-by-step method for Printing &Scanning wirelessly with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 all-in-one printer. You learn to use the printer’s built-in Wi-Fi Direct system to connect it directly with smartphones, Android devices, iPhones, Laptops, Computers, MacBooks for wireless printing and scanning. You also learn how to copy a document.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeaqfsFQaBI” ]